BLI Comparative Lab Test Reports & Awards
Independent Test Reports - What is a BLI Report?
About (BLI) Buyers' Lab
Committed to serving the business world for over 50 years, Buyers Lab (BLI) is the global document imaging industry's resource for unbiased and reliable information, test data and competitive selling tools. What began as a consumer-based publication about office equipment has become an all-encompassing resource for the global document imaging industry. In a landscape that’s ever evolving, Buyers Lab changes with it - and continue to communicate with end users to deliver information, tools and services that have a positive impact on how people work.
BLI's vast hardware coverage ranges from entry-level inkjet printers all the way up to high-end production presses. BLI's expert team of analysts and lab technicians are constantly testing hardware and evaluating software to provide both buyers and sellers with up-to-date information.
How we use and share this information
GDS | Graphic Design Supplies Ltd is a leading Canon Select UK Partner offering the entire ranges of Technical, Production & Photographic Wide Format Printers and MFPs from the Canon imagePROGRAF range, the PRO-series and the newly announced TX-series. GDS is also an HP Gold DesignJet Specialist Partner stocking the full DesignJet range from the T120 printer up to the T2530PS MFP and the Z2100 to the Z5600PS graphics & photographics models.
Our ethos is to 'cut to the chase' and give independent, unbiased information to help end users choose the right machine for their needs. Refreshingly, GDS never tries to push the machine we have in stock, or the slow mover - those things are our problem, not yours. We invesitgate your needs and make sure that the printer or MFP you are considering is fit for your applications and needs. If you don't need our help and you know exactly which model you want, that's great, but for customers who want to get impartial advice, BLI reports can be another way for you to check out the facts before making a choice. Whether it's a low volume printer or a high volume MFP, we all need reassurance that we've made the right decision.
Here you can download independent test reports comparing like-for-like wide format machines - just click on the orange link below for whichever report you would like to download. If you would like to discuss the capabilities and features of any wide format printer, scanner or MFP call the GDS Sales Team on 01625 613548.
- Canon iPF670 vs Epson SC-T3200
- Canon iPF670 vs HP T520 24"
- Canon iPF680 Highly Recommended
- Canon iPF680 vs HP T520 24"
- Canon iPF680 vs Epson T3000
- Canon iPF770 Highly Recommended
- Canon iPF770 vs Epson SureColor SC-T5200
- Canon iPF770 vs HP T520 36"
- Canon iPF780 Highly Recommended
- Canon iPF780 vs Epson SureColor T5000
- Canon iPF780 vs HP DesignJet T920
- Canon iPF780 vs HP T930
- Canon TX-2000 vs Epson SC-T3200 Printer
- Canon TX-3000 vs HP DesignJet T2530
- Canon L36 iPF770 MFP vs HP T830 MFP
- Canon M40 iPF785 MFP Highly Recommended
- Canon M40 iPF785 MFP vs HP DesignJet T2500
- Canon M40 iPF785 MFP vs HP DesignJet T2530 MFP
Graphics, Production & Photo Printers
- Canon iPF6400S Highly Recommended
- Canon iPF6400S vs Epson SP7890
- Canon iPF6400SE vs Epson SureColor T3000
- Canon iPF6400SE vs Epson SureColor T3200
- Canon iPF8400SE vs Epson SureColor T7000
- Canon PRO-2000 vs Epson SC-P7000
- Canon PRO-4000 vs Epson SC-P9000
- Canon PRO-4000S vs Epson SC-P8000
- Canon PRO-4000S vs HP Z5200PS
- Canon PRO-4000S vs HP Z5400PS
- Canon PRO-4000S vs HP Z6200
- Canon PRO-6000S vs HP Z6800
Twice a year with its Pick awards, BLI gives special recognition in each category to those products that provided the most outstanding performances in BLI's exhaustive lab tests. Its Outstanding Achievement awards acknowledge products or capabilities that stand out for attributes such as innovation, usefulness, energy efficiency or value.
BLI's awards stand alone, in that they are based on a rigorous battery of lab tests that takes approximately two months to complete. The evaluation includes an extensive durability test, during a portion of which each unit is run at the manufacturer's maximum duty cycle. BLI's durability test is unique among office product evaluations ad uniquely qualifies BLI to assess reliability, a critical factor for buyers and IT directors.
Other performance attributes evaluated include ease of use, media handling, productivity and value, among others. Each product that successfully passes BLI's lab test earns BLI's Recommended or Highly Recommended seal and a BLI Certificate of Reliability and the best performance qualify as Pick contenders. Consequently, a BLI Pick is a hard-earned award that buyers and IT directors can trust to better guide them in their acquisition decisions.
Download Buyer's Lab Awards by clicking on the links below:
- BLI Line of the Year Award - 2017 - Canon Wide Format - Canon imagePROGRAF iPF830 / iPF840 / iPF850
- BLI Pick Award - Winter 2017 - PRO-4000S / PRO-6000S - Outstanding Poster & Indoor Signage Wide Format Printer Series
- BLI Pick Award - Winter 2017 - PRO-2000 / PRO-4000 - Outstanding Photo & Fine Art Wide Format Printer Series
- BLI Pick Award - Winter 2016 - Canon imagePROGRAF iPF770
- BLI Pick Award - 2016 - Canon iPF770 - Outstanding 36" Technical Wide Format Printer
- BLI Pick Award - Winter 2015 - Canon iPF780
- BLI Pick Award - Winter 2015 - Canon M40 iPF785 - Outstanding 36" Colur Wide Format MFP
- BLI Pick Award - Winter 2014 - Canon iPF6400s