It's good to know...
With so many companies offering the same product nowadays why is it important to choose the right supplier? Price will always be a factor, but if you are venturing into wide format printing for the first time, you will most likely need the advice and support from a team of specialists.
GDS has just such a team – set up in 1998 by our MD Mark Walker, Graphic Design Supplies Ltd has become one of the leading wide format printer specialists in the UK. Since its inception, the company has gone from strength to strength, and has thrived on its good old fashioned values of customer service & support whilst building market share and therefore the competitive pricing that comes with it. Today the business is run by Mark and his wife Kate, who is passionate about the hardware and media we sell, and who leads a team of specialists whose knowledge and attention to detail exceeds many other stockists.
From our base in Macclesfield, GDS supplies over 450 wide format printers each year to many happy customers who continue to rely on our knowledge, advice and support long after the initial purchase decision. Customers can visit our show room to try out the machines and we always offer to supply print samples of your own files if you are not near enough to call in. Running a variety of machines on a daily basis gives our team the hands-on knowledge that is so important when assisting our customers.
- HP Gold DesignJet Specialist 2017
- Canon CAD Select Partner 2017
- Canon Production Select Partner 2017
- Canon Photo Select Partner 2017
- Accredited Canon Partner 2017
Buying a new wide format printer can be daunting and requires careful consideration to make sure that you get not only the right machine, but the right advice, the right support and the right price. Print settings can be critical and most of these machines can perform a variety of functions that you may never even think of, for example duplex printing, job costing, borderless printing. All this is simple when you know how.
With all these factors in place you can reap the rewards of bringing your print in-house and taking control of the costs.
- We give honest and transparent advice on the all the options so you can choose the right machine for you and your business
- We specify the right machine – we don’t push what’s in stock or what’s on offer
- We supply free printer trials and free print samples
- No rush, no pressure and absolutely no hard sell
- We make sure you have all the items you need for a smooth set up including paper and cables
- We offer a variety of enhanced delivery services to suit your needs from simple supply to full installation and further training
- We have a team of engineers available to answer even the simplest of questions
- We offer phone support - you can call us any time no matter how long ago you bought your machine – we will help with any questions you have
- If you require a service call we will arrange that for you either under warranty or out of warranty
- We hold large stocks of consumables so if you run out of ink, paper or media we can supply quickly
So, if you choose to buy your wide format printer from a non-specialist supplier you may just wish you hadn't!
Let GDS do the hard work to make your purchase and set up a doddle.