- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF5100 Printer - 17" inch - A2 - 12 Colour - Photo | Graphics | Fine Art Printer - with Sheet Feed Cassette & Roll Feed - 2157B003AA
You have no obligation to purchase the product once you know the price. You can simply remove the item from your cart.
You have no obligation to purchase the product once you know the price. You can simply remove the item from your cart.
Canon imagePROGRAF iPF5100
A superb A2 photgraphic printer with built in roll feed - designed for the photography and fine arts, poster, proofing and in-house print market. The Canon iPF5100 offers exceptional prints up to A2 size using Canon’s unique 12-colour pigment ink system. The iPF5100 large format printer delivers quick, consistent prints that always impress, making this ideal for photography, fine art, proofing and poster making.
- A2 size
- print on rolls or use individual feed or cassette feed for sheets
- 12 pigment inks for the highest colour range
- supplied with 1080ml of free ink (12 x 90ml starter inks)
- lightfast inks suitable for producing long term display work, archival pieces, best quality photographic and some outdoor prints
- built in colour calibration
- takes media up to 450gsm
- maximum print length - 18mt on roll media - great for banners - use the free Poster Artist Lite software
- print directly onto display boards up to 1.5mm thick - feed via front feed slot
- prints an A2 glossy print in under 2 minutes
- borderless printing - edge to edge on the roll with no need to trim your work
- Plug-in’s for Adobe Photoshop, Digital Photo Professional and Microsoft Office, PosterArtist Lite, Digital Photo Front Access
- Borderless A2 glossy prints in less than 2 minutes.
- 12-colour lightfast inks for outstanding colour gamut
- Highly efficient workflow with 4 media paths
- Easy to use intuitive software
- More colours, less inks makes this a great investment
- Floor stand available as optional extra (ST-11)
Canon iPF5100 - Impress with Canon's widest colour gamut
Prepare for exceptional A2 prints using Canon’s unique 12-colour pigment ink system. Generating an impressively broad colour gamut, the iPF5100 large format printer features new colour calibration technology and delivers quick, consistent prints that always impress.
Canon iPF5100 - Superb quality
The iPF5100 produces prints of exceptional quality on A2 media thanks to Canon’s industry-first dual-head 12-colour LUCIA II pigment ink system. The 12 colours are not only capable of delivering an exceptionally wide colour gamut; they use less ink than conventional systems by reducing the need to mix colours, for more efficient running costs. The LUCIA inks also deliver prints with smooth colour graduation, reduced graininess and bronzing, for results that are consistently impressive.
Canon iPF5100 - Consistent and accurate
The iPF5100 incorporates a built-in colour calibration system which is easy-to-use, for excellent results without unnecessary time-wasting. As well as providing consistency across devices, a unique feature enables the iPF5100 (once calibrated) to adjust the ink ejected depending on the media being used – so there’s no need for external calibration devices. Plus, the initial calibration process takes a mere 10 minutes.
Canon iPF5100 - Superb productivity
Like all Canon’s imagePROGRAF wide format printers, the iPF5100 uses the twin-head high density print head which is able to pack 30,720 nozzles into just two 1” print heads. The resulting 4-pl (picolitre) ink droplets ensure delicate colour graduation, high definition expression and accuracy. Despite these most exacting standards of print performance the iPF5100 is capable of producing A2 draft prints in just 41 seconds.
- A 3-way media feeding system provides real flexibility- from canvas to glossy stocks ranging between 0.07mm and 1.5mm thick.
- A range of powerful software applications are available, ensuring the iPF5100 can be used in corporate environments as well as specialist print environments:
- imagePROGRAF Digital Photo Front Access enables image editing at the touch of a button.
- imagePROGRAF Plug-In for Photoshop allowing users to export 16-bit RGB images processed with Adobe Photoshop directly to the imagePROGRAF printer
- Poster Artist (Optional) Poster Creation allows you to easily create head-turning posters thanks to over 1,000 templates and images.
Canon iPF5100 - Simple to operate
The iPF5100 is designed with users in mind. As well as automatic skew correction, a large LCD display constantly reminds uses of the media being used and the remaining print levels, for assured, non-stop productivity.
GDS is a family run company established in 1998 and is proud to be a member of the Canon Partner Programme.
For more advice on purchase & ownership of this machine please call our experts on 01625 613548
- Canon iPF5100 Printer
- 2 x Printheads
- Set of 12 x 90ml Introductory inks
- Maintenance Cartridge (installed)
- Roll Bar for 2" core media / 3" media adapters
- Ethernet (built in)
- USB 2.0 High Speed Interface
- User Manual CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Power Cable
- 1 Year Canon On-Site Warranty
- Canon Printer Driver for Windows and Macintosh
- Status Monitor/Print monitor
- Free Layout & iR enlargement Copy
- Media Configuration Tool
- PosterArtist Lite (PC only)
- Print Plug-in for Microsoft® Word/Excel/PowerPoint (PC only)
- Print Plug-in for Photoshop®
- Canon Calibration Management Console
- Print Plug-in for Canon Digital Photo Professional
Extra Items supplied by GDS in this offer:
- 120gsm Coated Matt Paper roll to get you started
- Warranty, Support & Consumables reorder information card
LUCIA Pigment ink, 12 colours (MBK, BK, PC, C, PM, M, Y, R, G, B, GY, PGY)
Maximum Print Resolution
2,400 x 1200dpi
Plain paper - 0:41 (Draft)
Coated Paper - 1:14 (Standard)
Photo Glossy Paper - 2:19 (Standard)
Net: Main unit 999 (W) x 810 (D) x 344 (H) mm; weight approx. 49kg
Packaged: Main unit with Palette 1140 (W) x 914 (D) x 675 (H) mm; weight approx. 75kg
Input power: AC 220 - 240V (50/60 Hz), AC 100 - 120V (50/60 Hz)
Power consumption: 100 W or less
Standby power consumption (at the low power mode): 220 - 240 V - 6 W or less (9 W: when IEEE1394 is mounted)
Power off (standby): 1 W or less (in compliance with Executive Order of the President of the United States of America)
Power consumption of sleep mode: 6W or less
Time to enter sleep mode: approx. 5 min
Temperature: 15-30 degrees Celsius, humidity: 10 - 80% (condensation free)
Acoustic Pressure: Operation: 51dB (A) or less, Standby: 35db (A) or less
Acoustic Power: Operation: 6.5 Bels or less
Operation Panel Display
Large LCD: 16 columns x 1 rows, Key x 11, LED x 5
Language on LCD - US-English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, CHinese (simplified), Korean, Japanese (Kanji)
Mode: Full speed (12 Mbit/sec), High Speed (480Mbit/sec), Bulk transfer
Connector type - Series B (4 pins)
Standard: IEEE 802.3 10base-T; IEEE 802.3u 100base-TX/ Auto-Negotiation; IEEE 802.3 x Full Duplex
Protocol: IPX/SPX (Netware 3.2 (J), 4.1 (J), 4.11 (J), 5.0 (J), 5.1 (J), SNMP (Canon-MIB), HTTP, TCP/IP, AppleTalk
Type: Slot card type
Standard: IEEE1394 - 1995, P1394a, Half duplx, Data/Strb differential serial
Data-transfer time: 100/ 200/ 400 Mbit/sec
Connector type - In compliance with IEEE1394 - 1995, 6 pins, No power supply
Operating Systems supported: Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32 bit/64 bit, Macintosh OS 10, Leopard
Software bundled: imagePROGRAF Printer Driver 2007 (Win/Mac), imagePROGRAF Status Monitor, Media Configuration Tool, Print Plug-in for Photoshop, Print Plug-in for Digital Photo Professional, Digital Photo Front-Access
Regulations: CE Mark, CB Certification
Bubble-jet on demand
6 colours integrated type (6 chips per head x print heads)
1200 dpi x 2
Nozzle per chip
2560 nozzles per colour
4 pl per colour
PFI-101 (130ml, C, M, Y, PC, PM, R, G, B), PFI-103 (130ml, BK, MBK, GY, PGY)
One roll, Back-loading, Front Output
Cassette, Front loading, Front Output (Manual feed using media locking lever)
Standard Paper 80gsm, Standard Paper 90gsm, Matte Coated Paper 90gsm, Matt Coated Paper 140gsm, Extra Matt Coated Paper 180gsm, Opaque Paper 120gsm, Self Adhesive High Resolution Graphic Paper 140gsm, High Resolution Barrier Paper 180gsm, Glossy Photographic Paper 190gsm, Satin Photographic Paper 190gsm, Instant Dry Paper Glossy 200gsm, Instant Dry Paper Satin 200gsm, Glossy Photographic Paper 240gsm, Satin Photographic Paper 240gsm , Photo Paper High Glossy 255gsm, Photo Paper Semi-Matt 255gsm, Photo Paper Pearl 260gsm, Photo Realistic Paper 210gsm, Heavy Weight Glossy Photo Paper 300gsm, Heavy Weight Satin Photo Paper 300gsm, Commercial Proofing Paper 200gsm, Commercial RC Proofing Paper 210gsm, Commercial RC Proofing Paper 270gsm, Glossy Proofing Paper 195gsm, Semi Glossy Proofing Paper 195gsm, Semi Glossy Proofing Paper 255gsm, Art Paper Extra Smooth 250gsm, Prem Art Paper Embossed 225gsm, Prem Art Paper Smooth 225gsm, Water Resistant Art Canvas.
Roll paper (width) - ISO: A3, A2 Others: 8”, 10", 14", 16", 17", B4, B2, 300mm, A3+
Cut sheet - ISO: A4, A3, A3+, A2, B4, B3, B2, DIN: C4, C3, C2, JIS: B4, B3, B2, ANSI: 8.5 x 11", 8.5 x 14", 11 x 17", 13 x 19", 17 x 22" ARCH: 9 x 12", 12 x 18", 18” x 24” Photo:14 x 17", 12 x 16", 10 x 12", 10 x 15", 8 x 10", 16 x 20" (US Photo size), Poster:20” x 30”, 200 x 900mm, Others: 13 x 22"
Roll paper & Cut sheet: 0.08 - 0.8 mm, Front Manual Feed:0.8 – 1.5mm
Maximum outside diameter of Roll Paper
Media Core Size
Internal diameter of roll core: 2"/3"
Roll paper: 203 – 432 mm
Cut sheet: 203.2 – 432 mm
Minimal Printable Paper Length
Maximum Printable Paper Length
Roll paper: 18 m (Varies according to the OS and application)
Cut sheet: 1.6 m
Margins (Top, Bottoms, Sides)
Recommended area: Roll paper: Top: 20 mm, Bottom: 5 mm, Side: 5 mm; Cut sheet: Top: 20 mm; Bottom: 27 mm, Side: 5 mm
Printable area: Roll paper: Top: 3 mm, Bottom: 3 mm, Side: 3 mm; Roll paper (borderless print): Top: 0 mm, Bottom: 0 mm; Side: 0 mm; Cut sheet: Top: 3 mm, Bottom: 23 mm, Side: 3 mm
Media Width for Borderless Printing
257 mm (JIS B4), 329mm (JIS A3+), 420 mm (ISO A2), 431.8 mm (ISO A2+/17”), B2 (515mm), A1 (594mm) 10", 14", 16"
Printer Stand ST-11
Roll Holder Set
(2-inch core spindle with 3-inch media tube attachment and borderless printing space) - RH2-11
IEEE1394 Expansion Board
PFI-101 (C, M, Y, PC, PM, R, G, B), PFI-103 (BK, MBK, GY, PGY)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Set of 12 x 130ml Canon PFI-101 / PFI-103 Ink Cartridges for Canon iPF5100, iPF6100, iPF6200 PrintersExcl. VAT: £564.00 Incl. VAT: £676.80
Canon ST-11 Printer Stand - 17" inch A2 floor stand for Canon iPF500, iPF510, iPF5000 & iPF5100 Printers 1255B006AAExcl. VAT: £275.00 Incl. VAT: £330.00
Xativa Ultra White Satin Photo Paper Roll - 190gsm - 17" inch - A2+ - 432mm x 30mt - XSUW190-17Excl. VAT: £43.82 Incl. VAT: £52.58
Xativa Ultra White Satin Photo Paper Roll - 270gsm - 17" inch - A2+ - 432mm x 30mt - XSUW270-17Excl. VAT: £54.12 Incl. VAT: £64.94
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6400 Printer - 24" inch - A1 - 12 Colour - Photo | Graphics | Fine Art Printer - 5339B003AAExcl. VAT: £1,595.00 Incl. VAT: £1,914.00
This printer is supplied with a full 1 year Canon onsite hardware warranty.
Extended warranties can be purchased in the form of Canon Easy Service Plans or MyLFP Support Packs for ultimate peace of mind over terms up to 5 years. Ts & Cs for the standard warranty and these extended plans can be viewed in the 'Additional Information' Tab
If you need help or advice call the GDS Sales Team - 01625 613548
This printer is usually in stock for delivery next working day. If you place your order for UK Mainland delivery before 3pm we can make sure we process your order in time for same day dispatch.
For customers wishing to have this model delivered outside of the UK or to the Scottish Highlands, Islands, Channel Islands or to Northern Ireland - call us on 01625 613548 and we can discuss your requirements and provide the best quotation.
1. Box drop delivery - included in the online price - just checkout and we will arrange dispatch.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - The machine and stand will arrive boxed on a pallet and will be delivered to the front of the property.
- The pallet is large and heavy: Dimensions - Main unit with Pallet - 1,140mm (W) x 914mm (D) x 675mm (H); Weight: approx. 75 kg
Please note that if the delivery is to a residential building where your front door is within a block of flats or is on a higher floor, delivery will only be made to the building entrance and you will be responsible for accepting the box and taking it inside or upstairs. For enhanced delivery options, for tricky to reach properties, or if you prefer hand delivery and/or full on site installation please call 01625 613548
Once your self installation delivery arrives, you can cut the straps on the box, lift off the box top and lift the printer out of the protective polystyrene. The stand can be assembled, the printer then can be placed on top and 4 bolts adjusted to hold it in place. The orange transit tabs and tapes will all need to be removed. Then you are ready to install the cartridges and install the printer drivers onto you PC or MAC using the discs included.
If you have any problems, you can call us and we will help.
2. Remote installation service - there is a charge for this service of £95 - please call to book - 01625 613548
Once you have unpacked and assembled your printer, a telephone slot will be booked for you with a trained engineer who will remotely log on to your PC and download and install the drivers for you and make sure that a successful test print is produced. This service has a small charge.
3. Full installation - this is a chargeable service which is highly recommended for this model. Our engineers can deliver, unpack, place, build, download & install drivers and give basic training. Call 01625 613548 for a quotation based on the level of service you require and the delivery area.
|Printer Size||A2, 17 inches|
|Max Print Width||A2 / 17" / 432mm|
|Ink Size Options||130ml|
|Print Speed||(A2 size) Plain paper 0:41 (Draft); Coated paper 1:14 (Standard); Photo Glossy paper 2:19 (Standard)|
|Memory||192MB Buffer RAM|
|Max Media Weight||500gsm|
|Physical Dimensions||999 (W) x 810 (D) x 344 (H) mm|
|Warranty||1 Year, 3 Year (optional), 5 Year (optional)|